After The Hair Transplant Operation
Most patients are worried about the process after hair restoration surgery. Do you also have such concerns? It is perfectly normal to experience this anxiety. And, what are the issues you wonder about after the hair transplant operation? Dr. Resul Yaman Clinic informs you about the processes after the hair transplant surgery and what you need to pay attention to.
Furthermore, even if you have a successful operation, there are some issues that you should be careful about the days after hair transplantation. Therefore, to get natural and bushy hair, you have to fulfill some requirements. Also, Dr. Resul Yaman will explain what you should and should not do. In addition, the doctor will follow your process with you in the days after the hair transplant.
Post Operational Swelling
Although hair transplant operations are mild surgical procedures, they have some common side effects. Also, these side effects are natural and harmless reactions of your body. And the common side effect after the hair transplant operation is swelling.
Even if the doctor performs the surgery skillfully and successfully, you may have swelling around your eyes and forehead. These are your body’s responses to the surgical procedure. Also, local anesthesia can cause swelling. Meanwhile, swelling occurs from the 3rd day after hair transplantation. And, you will then experience the highest level of swelling on the 7th day.
After that, the swelling begins to decrease. To avoid this side effect, you should keep your head elevated. In other words, you should not lower your head. Also, you should use a cold press on the swollen spots on your face. In addition, you should not lie face down. Finally, you should also pay attention to sleeping on your back.
How Does Your Scalp Look After Hair Restoration Surgery?
- After the hair transplant operation, your donor and recipient areas may be bruised. Also you can see red dot holes in the donor area. These are normal and temporary after the operation.
- In addition to these, it is healthy if you experience slight blood loss in the donor and recipient areas on the first night.
- You should not touch the treated areas for ten days after the operation.
- Besides, you may feel a slight headache in your recipient area the first night. A mild pain reliever will make your headache go away.
- Crusting will occur after hair transplant surgery. Also, you will have itching. Crusting may continue up to the 10th day. Especially, you can interpret your itching as a sign of improvement.
- You should not be exposed to direct sunlight during your recovery process.
What is a Shock Loss?
By the time, 10th day after the hair transplant operation, your hair starts to fall out. This is normal and should happen. And, this period when your hair enters the resting phase is called shock loss. After the surgery, your hair follicles give this reaction because they protect themselves. Therefore, there is no need to worry. So shock loss isn’t a hair loss. Also, shock loss may have different durations for each patient. But generally, it takes three months.
1-2 Months after the Operation
Returning to normal and obtaining natural hair after transplantation is a long process. Also, you will see changes in the months after the operation. Henceforth, almost every month, different changes will be proof of your recovery.
First, shock loss may be most intense in the 1st month after the operation. In that case, don’t let the severe shock loss lead you to despair; wait for this process to pass. Then, shock loss decreases in the 2nd month after the hair transplant operation. Moreover, you will see that your new hair is growing. Furthermore, your hair will grow unevenly.
Things to Consider During Recovery Times
- You can wash your hair two days after the surgical procedure. After 13 days, you can wash your hair according to the old routine.
- Also, you should not use a hair dryer for the first six months.
- In addition, you can comb the donor area after hair transplantation. However, you should never comb the recipient area before the two weeks are up.
- Do you want to cut your hair after hair restoration surgery? You can cut the area where the grafts are planted with scissors for the first three months.
- It is beneficial not to dye your hair for the first two months.
After the Hair Transplant Operation (3rd month and 6th Month)
At this stage, your hair will grow noticeably. During the 3rd month, you should be careful against blisters and infections. Immediately you should consult our doctor if you observe signs of infection.
Then, your hair will grow the fastest in the 6th-month post-hair transplant surgery. Also, your hair starts to get stronger and thicker. As soon as, after the hair transplant operation, the recipient area is covered with 50% of the hair in the 6th month. You can comb your hair and cut your irregularly growing hair. But during this period, keep your hair away from too much cold and hot condition.
What Should Be Done to Achieve Healthy Hair?
- It is beneficial not to smoke for six months after hair transplantation. Because smoking harms your healing process.
- Also, you can start consuming alcohol five days after the operation. But being a social drinker is essential at this point.
- In addition, you should not exercise for the first two weeks after the operation. You can exercise regularly after the first month. After three months, there is no harm in doing sports such as basketball and football.
- Meanwhile, you can start your work 3 or 5 days after the operation. If your job is outside and requires physical strength, it is appropriate to begin after 14 days.
- You can travel after the hair transplant operation. But you have to pay attention to the places where hair was transplanted surgery on your head.
Hair Transplantation after 1 Year
After 12 months of hair transplantation, you will achieve your desired results. Besides, the donor area from which the hair grafts are taken heals completely. Moreover, the recipient area where the hair grafts are transplanted heals completely. Now you can style your new hair the way you want. Also, you can use the hair care products you want. After the surgery, your wounds or the pores will heal in a short time. And, Dr. Resul Yaman will support you after the hair transplant operation to achieve healthy, whole, and natural-looking hair.