Mustache and beard hair transplant procedures are a great way to permanently fix patchy or uneven beard. In recent years, more and more men from all over the world have started to come to Turkey for their mustache and beard transplant surgery – both because it is more affordable and because the level of treatment is of a very high quality.
At Dr. Resul Yaman’s Hair Clinic in Istanbul, each patient that comes through the door will get a world-class treatment tailored to the patient’s specific needs and appearance that they want to achieve.
Almost every patient that comes through the door is eligible for a beard and mustache hair transplant in Turkey. Whether you lack hair growth due to hormonal changes, infection, burns, or for another reason, Dr. Yaman can help restore the look that you’ve been dreaming about in a single session. The only real criteria that you need to meet is that you are at least 22 years old, as that is the age by which your beard has fully developed.
How is Mustache and Beard Transplant Performed?
To perform your mustache and beard transplant, Dr. Resul Yaman will extract double or triple grafts from your donor area using the follicular unit extraction (FUE hair transplant) method. That way, grafts will come out together rather than one by one and distribute each individual hair follicle into a predesignated area in your recipient area. This will give you exactly the look that you want to achieve. You can read more about the step-by-step process of undergoing a mustache and beard transplant at Dr. Resul Yaman’s Hair Clinic in the section below.
The Different Stages of a Mustache and Beard Hair Transplant Procedure
To achieve the best possible results, Dr. Resul Yaman has developed a process that he follows with every mustache and beard transplant procedure. It goes something like this:
- The doctor will perform an initial examination of your donor and recipient area
- He will then calculate the number of mustache and beard transplant grafts needed for your case
- You will undergo the necessary blood and medical tests (to ensure both your and the doctor’s safety during the surgery)
- The doctor will apply local anesthesia to your donor and recipient area
- The hair follicles from your donor area will be extracted
- The extracted grafts will the be implanted into your recipient area with an implanter
What to Expect After Your Your Mustache and Beard Hair Transplant
After your mustache and beard hair transplant surgery is complete, you are likely to experience swelling, redness, and dryness on your skin in the affected area. This is totally normal and the symptoms will subside over the next couple of days.
As far as the aftercare is concerned, Dr. Resul Yaman will inform you of everything you need to know in order to take care of your beard and mustache to get the best results. Three to four days after the surgery, you can go back to work, though it’s important to avoid exercising or exposing your skin to direct sunlight for the first couple of weeks.
Once your skin heals up completely, there will be no visible signs of scarring and you can slowly start to get back to your normal routine. It’s worth mentioning that after a period of time, the newly implanted hair will fall out. This is totally normal, so don’t worry about it. Once you reach month three/four, your transplanted hair will begin to start growing like normal.
Mustache And Beard Hair Transplant FAQs
How Long Does Mustache and Beard Transplant Take?
The average mustache and beard transplant surgery at Dr. Resul Yaman’s Hair Clinic takes between six and seven hours. In other words, you can come into Istanbul, get your surgery, and head back home within the matter of 24-48 hours.
What Should I Consider When Choosing a Clinic for Beard Transplantation?
Before undergoing a mustache and beard transplant surgery, it’s essential that you choose the right clinic for the job. Below, we will outline the factors that you want to pay the most attention to when choosing a clinic for your procedure.
- Choose a surgeon that is well-informed and very experienced in mustache and beard transplant surgeries
- Make sure that the doctor is making use of the most effective and up-to-date techniques
- Ask for the clinic and the surgeon to present any certifications, accreditations, and awards they have obtained over the years
- Request some before and after photos of previous surgeries so you can see what kind of results you can expect
- Conduct some online research of the clinic and the surgeon to see what past patients think about the service that you are about to undergo
How Much Does a Mustache and Beard Hair Transplant Cost?
The price of your mustache and beard hair transplant will depend on the number of hair follicles that need to be transplanted for your individual case. The more hair follicles you need transplanted, the more costly your transplant surgery will be. Below, we will go over a couple of other factors that can impact the cost of your procedure:
- The reputation and the experience of the surgeon and their team
- The type of anesthesia used for the procedure
- The overall complexity of the procedure
- The location and the facilities of the clinic
- The technology and equipment used to perform the procedure
Dr. Yaman always tells patients that they should look at the cost of hair transplant in Turkey as an investment rather than a spend. You will finally be able to get your dream mustache and beard and enjoy the amazing results for the rest of your life. If you’re still daubting, whether it’s a great investment or not, see the mustache and beard transplant before and after and decide right after!
With that said, it’s also worth mentioning that undergoing a mustache and beard hair transplant in Turkey is more affordable than if you went to a clinic in the west. This is also the case even when you trust in the services of a renowned surgeon in the likes of Dr. Resul Yaman.