It’s the day of your hair transplant surgery. You will finally undergo a life-changing procedure to restore the hair you’ve dreamed of for the longest time. Once you land in Istanbul, Dr. Yaman’s team will pick you up and drive you to your 3, 4, or 5-star hotel. When you are due for your appointment, Dr. Yaman’s team will pick you up and drive you directly to the clinic.
At the clinic (if necessary), Dr. Yaman will meet you alongside your translator. That way, if you don’t speak English, you will still know exactly what is happening at every stage of the process and can ask any questions you may have. Dr. Yaman strives to make every patient’s stay in Istanbul as enjoyable and smooth as possible. That way, the day of the hair transplant operation will be much less stressful for everyone involved.
The Preparation Process for Your Hair Transplant Operation
Before your hair transplant operation, Dr. Resul Yaman will perform an examination of your scalp and hair follicles using a 3D scanner. That way, he can create a plan of action for your hair transplant surgery in Turkey.
Before your surgery, you will also need to undergo some blood tests to ensure that you do not currently suffer from any illnesses or diseases that make you an unsuitable candidate for hair transplant surgery. The blood tests are done to protect the health of both you and the doctor.
Once your blood tests come back clear and the doctor has made a plan of action, he will take some photos of your hair (to have a record of your case before and after hair transplant). Dr. Yaman will also take the time to explain everything you need to know about what is to come. This is also a good chance for you to ask any questions you may have before beginning the DHI hair transplant or manual FUE hair transplant procedures.
Details to Keep in Mind About the Day of Your Hair Transplant Surgery
Quite a lot of things will happen on the day of your hair transplant surgery. And although the doctor will walk you through everything you need to know, in advance you can check out the overall cost of hair transplant in Turkey, here is a short summary of the things you need to keep in mind.
- Once you arrive in Istanbul, Dr. Yaman will most likely do your hair transplant surgery the next day.
- Your hair transplant surgery can take six to seven hours (depending on how many grafts you need). There will be plenty of breaks during the operation.
- On the day of your operation, Dr. Yaman’s specialists will measure your blood pressure. You will also have a heart monitor attached to you throughout the surgery.
- You will be able to see every detail of the operation planning.
- Before your operation, you will be given a local anesthetic to numb your scalp. This will make the operation painless.
- Make sure to have a light breakfast before your operation
- You can watch your favorite videos on the Smart TV while Dr. Yaman is working on restoring your hair. Rest assured that you won’t get bored.
FAQs About the Day of the Hair Transplant Operation
What Should I Wear on the Day of the Surgery?
Make sure that you don’t wear any restrictive clothing that is tight around your neck or has the potential to touch or rub against your scalp. This is crucial for your scalp’s healing process. We always recommend our patient’s to come in a loose t-shirt as that type of clothing will cause minimal to no harm to your scalp, even when you take it off in the evening.
Can I Eat and Drink Before the Operation?
Yes, you can. We recommend getting a light breakfast prior to your surgery, as the surgery can span over several hours. That said, you should avoid drinking alcohol and minimize or completely stop smoking for a few weeks before your surgery.
Should I Wash My Hair Before the Operation?
Yes, you should wash your hair before the operation. There are no strict requirements on how you go about washing your hair, so feel free to follow your normal routine.